Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
Scanning electron microscopy (SEM) is an advanced analytical technique that uses a scanning electron microscope to examine a sample’s surface in exceptional detail at the micro- and nanoscale.
SEM is a fundamental tool for modern researchers. It is instrumental during quality control and process control. The analysis provides researchers with crucial insights into a wide variety of material characteristics. Physical and chemical characterisation of materials and substances through image analysis is vital in industries ranging from semiconductor development to drug delivery systems.
We perform high-quality scanning electron microscopy tests for scientists working in pharmaceutical science, materials science, biotechnology, biochemistry and gemology. Our analysis can provide crucial information on the surface topography and composition of a sample.
Our tests are ideal for scientists working with nanoparticles, microparticles, materials science, polymers, or in general with fundamental materials research.
We use a Phenom ProX SEM by Thermo Fisher to perform a variety of scanning electron microscopy analyses. The system specifications are:
- Magnification range 80-100,000x
- Resolution ≤17 nm
- EDS integrated system (energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy)
- High vacuum mode
- Acceleration voltages: Default: 5 kV, 10 kV and 15 kV
Scientists at our advanced, ISO 17025:2017-certified laboratories perform scanning electron microscopy analysis to the highest standards. We follow GMP and GLP guidelines to give you confidence in the accuracy of our results and findings.
Our advanced Phenom ProX SEM machine is frequently serviced, tested, and calibrated to ensure accurate and reliable results.
We have developed exceptional quality processes, coupled with unrivalled industry knowledge to support your research projects.
We aim to become a trusted partner to you and your organisation, becoming an integral part of your research team.
How to order
- We work closely with our customers to provide analytical processes and tests that meet exacting requirements.
- To begin the process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know which service you are interested in and any special requirements you have.
- We will contact you as soon as possible to discuss your needs and provide details on the next steps.